Working with Ruth at Happily Ever After Photography was a pleasure. She is a craftswoman and small business owner who has real enthusiasm and talent for both her professions. Ruth immediately connects with people, and her charming studio reflects her excellent taste and attention to detail. Her website, unfortunately, did not.
The original photography website was clunky and clearly dated. It was difficult to navigate and harder to update. What’s worse, it completely failed to capture the high quality service and products provided. Instead this website actually reflected badly on the business.
In it’s place I was able to construct a WordPress powered website that was feature rich an easy to update. I believe the result meets all of the following goals I had set for this project:
- A light weight design that doesn’t steal attention from the real star: the photos.
- An easy to use navigation system that clearly delineates disparate areas of the site, but doesn’t impede access.
- A highly customizable design that uses a modern interfaces to control content, menus and features.
- A fully functional blog inside the website that contains the already published Blogger posts Ruth made as well as new entries.
- A modern, powerful gallery system that can handle many thousands of high quality images.
- Lightweight social networking and SEO features that don’t interfere, but can be customized to add tremendous value.
I’m pleased with the result and I believe Ruth is to. She now has a single platform to manager her image galleries, blog posts and website and a high tech interface from which to do so. Furthermore, she has a reliable CMS system in WordPress that is mature and that can accept to customizations and features in the future.